Altus AFB, home of the 97th Air Mobility Wing of the United States Air Force, has chosen Menu-Cast digital menu board systems for their concession operation. The flexibility of the state-of-the-art software provides high end graphics and quick responses to their operating changes.
Menu-Cast President and CEO, Terry Duckworth stated, “Our team is proud to support another military installation with cutting edge digital signage solutions.”
Intrust Bank Arena announced $2 million in profits on $7 million in revenue for their first year of operation. The arena which is managed by SMG uses Menu-Cast products in all concession and ticket booth operations.
The Sedgwick county owned arena hosted 119 performances this past year including 80 concerts, family shows, sporting events, hockey games and other events. Local county commissioners stated they are happy with the arena's first-year performances, highlighted by concerts featuring Elton John and Billy Joel, the Eagles, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, and George Strait and Reba McEntire.
Menu-Cast president and CEO, Terry Duckworth said he is pleased that the arena has performed so well and excited that the Menu-Cast systems have supported such a successful and modern facility. The arena uses Menu-Cast digital menu boards in all 14 restaurant concessions ranging from hot dogs, to Mexican fare, to Papa John’s Pizza®, as well as digital displays in all 12 ticket booths. He further stated that it is a pleasure to know that the many thousands of attendees over the past year have selected their menu choices from our digital menu boards and cutting edge software.
Terry Duckworth, President and CEO, has announced that Menu-Cast will be attending three trade shows this year.
Digital Signage Expo - Las Vegas
In conjunction with software producer Certiana, Menu-Cast will be exhibiting at the Digital Signage Expo® in Las Vegas held 22-25 February 2011. This is the world's largest international trade show and conference dedicated to digital signage, interactive technology, and Out-of-Home networks. The company will be exhibiting in booth 1543.
International Pizza Expo - Las Vegas
Also in Las Vegas, Menu-Cast will exhibit at the annual International Pizza Expo® from 1-3 March 2011. This premier show is held annually for professionals in the pizza industry. Exhibiting their Digital Menu boards and software, Menu-Cast will be located in booth 864.
National Restaurant Association Show - Chicago
Menu-Cast will also be exhibiting at the National Restaurant Association® Show in Chicago at the McCormick Place in Chicago from 21-24 May 2011. This outstanding show provides an opportunity for restaurant personnel from throughout the industry to view the latest trends in the industry. Menu-Cast will exhibit in booth 7423. Duckworth states, “Our continued commitment to cutting-edge technology in Digital Menu boards will be on display at these shows.”
At long last the next version of Menu-Cast version 4.1 has been released, bringing with it a plethora of new features to keep our digital menu board software ahead of the rest.
New features include
- Multiple Element Selection / Alignment
- Ability to rotate elements
- Greatly improved color picker
- Gradient feature
- Layers palette
- Ability to lock/unlock and show/hide elements
- Undo/Redo feature
- Video Tutorials and full documentation site setup (http://support.menu-cast.com)
- Performance and interface labeling improvements
- Fixed glyph/special character issue eg(entree' now saves properly)
- Multiple file asset uploader
- Live customisation of Media Areas (no need to hit 'Preview Changes' anymore)
- Changes to the software in readyness for Multi-touch and gestures and touch-screen implementation
- Changes to software architecture allowing the next update to allow custom font uploads
Features coming in next update
- Ability to copy/paste elements between displays
- Grouping elements
- Layer effects / drop shadows on elements
- Multiple element transforming
- Schedule reports / Calendar showing an easy to read visual representation of what displays will show on particular days
We continue working to make the experience of managing your digital menu boards even easier